Thinking back to my 10-year-old self’s daydreams about what life would be like by now, I realize that it’s vastly different than I thought it would be. I like to think that it’s never too late for anything. It’s never too late to move to a new city. It’s never too late to change your career. It’s never too late to learn a new language. There are plenty of things that you should experience while you’re still young.
Life becomes a little more difficult as you get older. You become more committed to your job and have less free time. And your body physically ages, not to mention your memory begins to go worse after the age of 30, so there’s that.
Before you turn the big 3-0 (or even if you already have), here are 30 things you should do, from crazy activities to experiences that help you grow.
1. Run a marathon (even if you have to walk a little).
2. Travel some where exotic that truly feels like the end of the earth.
3. Cook a huge meal and throw a dinner party for friends.
4. Go bungee jumping or skydiving or really, anything that involves heights and huge amounts of adrenaline.
5. Throw yourself a huge birthday party.
6. Climb a mountain.
7. Go scuba diving, or at least try snorkeling.
8. Travel somewhere all by yourself. It’s not as scary as it sounds.
9. Learn a new language.
10. Go whitewater rafting.
11. Take a cross-country road trip.
12. Attend a major sports event, whether it’s the Superbowl, World Cup, or World Series.
13. Take a class that’s totally out of your element, like pottery-making.
14. Date someone who isn’t your “type.”
15. Buy some stocks.
16. Treat yourself to something really expensive.
17. Learn how to cook.
18. Take your parents to dinner.
19. Learn how to drive a manual car.
20. Start a garden.
21. Get a pet.
22. Say yes for an entire week.
23. Ride in a hot air balloon.
24. Crash a wedding.
25. Get back into shape.
26. Eat something crazy.
27. Learn how to swim.
28. Donate blood.
29. Go vegan for a month.
30. Make my own beer or wine.